Tuesday 5 March 2013

Day 12 : Become a Radio host


My challenge for the day was to request to host a monthly programme on Premier Radio, a Christian radio station that reaches over 500,000 listeners weekly.
I wasn't sure what my show would entail, other than offering something positive I guess.
This wasn't a random challenge. I had been invited on to talk about this unique project. So I integrated a challenge into this wonderful opportunity.
I waited for my time to pounce. Within the ad break, I asked the host if I could make the request. He stated it wasn't up to him but the Programme Director. So he went and got the Programme Director, David.
As we resumed, I made the request, catching him off guard. He gracefully responded with a 'not really'. I then felt very, very awkward. I had no idea about what else to say. The show will air in two weeks time.
Lesson Learnt; It is important to think about your response to either being accepted or rejected, or else you begin to sweat profusely. Once again the importance of preparation shines through.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation." - Denzel Washington 

1 comment:

  1. Great meeting you yesterday. You are an inspiration Caleb. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete