Friday 12 April 2013

Day 15 : Take a Lecture at Kings College London


I was invited to give a lecture at Kings College London, however it wasn't the University that invited me, it was a student. In fact the University didnt even know I was coming.
This 2 o clock lecture was filled with a mix of 1st year Medic and neuro science students. A class made up of roughly 400 people. You can imagine how petrified I was.
I hadn't prepared what I was going to say, that was all part of the challenge. Immediately after the lecturer of the previous lesson finished , I pounced. I jumped on stage and began. On that stage I experienced one of life's rare highs.
Fortunately it was all filmed otherwise no one would have ever believe what happened. As I began to teach on the intrinsic relationship between neuro-science and story telling, the real lecturer arrives!
What do you do? I told her she was late and to hurry up and sit down. What was I thinking?!
Lesson learnt; some of life's most precious events happen when you take the dive.
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” 
― Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment