Tuesday 9 April 2013

Day 14 : Train Platform Announcement


I had no idea how easy or hard this challenge would be. I assumed if I was really nice to the staff member on the platform, they might just let me.
We managed to get hold of a GoPro for this one so we were able to get a point of view shot. I don't know how they didn't see it.
After several failed attempts at persuading the staff on a number of different platforms to let me, I cast my eyes on a bigger prize - Ride in the cabin of an underground train.
Crazily, this was far better received than the initial request. The drivers considered the request and reluctantly rejected it. If security wasn't called I think we could have succeeded.
Lesson Learnt: do not let your preconceived idea of a situation prevent you from going for it, you never know what response you might get back.
“Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in.”
― Alan Alda

No comments:

Post a Comment