Thursday 28 February 2013

Day 10 : Get Sponsorship


On the Facebook Page, I threw out a proposition; when the page hits 1,000 Likes, I would phone up a few of the UK's largest organisations to ask whether they would be up for sponsoring this project. Well, within a few hours we hit the 1,000 mark and today I fulfilled my promise.

I collated a list of the top entrepreneurial organisations and began phoning them up, one by one. I started with Milkround, the graduate recruitment firm and the wonderful woman on the other end of the line responded so positively. 

Funnily enough, out of the 10 companies I phoned up, Ben & Jerry's and Rapha were the only two to explicitly reject the request. The rest, including Nike, Barclays and Ernst & Young suggested I email in to the relevant people.

I'm holding on to hope. I found that it was easier to do than I thought and the individuals who answered the phone call loved the idea. I will phone and email again in the next few days.

I learnt that getting in touch with these massive organisations is easier to do than you think. Once again, I run with the motto 'whats the worst that could happen?'.

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby


2 comments:

  1. quality idea this whole project. Really interesting to read as well.

    ReplyDelete