Wednesday 27 February 2013

Day 8 : Everybody just Stop!


After an eventful Harlem Shake attempt, the challenge from Rich to stop a large body of people in their tracks by shouting, appeared to be very fitting.

As the public made their way to the station in large waves, I placed myself in front of them and requested that they would stop walking. In other words I gestured with my hands and shouted, "Everybody just stop!" at the top of my lungs.

It was interesting to see how people responded to an instruction from someone who clearly had no obvious authority over them. The majority of people ignored my request, however I was once again met with a mixture of facial expressions, everything from bewilderment to wide smiles.

Lesson learnt; Big groups of people are not as intimidating as they look. Target individuals and be personable, if you want to be more effective.

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” - Marie Curie

2 comments:

  1. Where are all the videos man? Those are the best part! Also how did it go asking for sponsorship now you have over 1000 likes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The videos are on there way :)

    Calling up the sponsorship organisations today...I'll film it.

    Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete