Tuesday 19 February 2013

Day 2 : Say "Hi" to Reggie Yates


Now admittedly, this was an impromptu challenge that wasn't filmed or sound recorded, so you are just going to have to take my word for it.

As I sat in Pret A Manger with my new manager Lydia Martin, Reggie Yates walks in and sits down behind us. Now this is one opportunity not miss. One little problem, what do I say and how do I say it?

I sat there for the next 10 minutes, bricking it. This guy has been someone I have watched and admired for over a decade; from his days on 'Diggit', all the way through to his illustrious Radio 1 career.

He get's up to leave, it's now or never. I jump up, shout out his name and then convolutedly begin to explain my project. Fortunately he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He politely responds to me by saying he is off to a meeting but let's chat, he introduces me to his manager, gives me his card and heads down the stairs and out the door. I am hopeful of what may come of this.

Lesson of the day: Dive straight in, don't wait about. Waiting about makes it all the more harder to actually go for it.

"
What I respect as far as in myself and in others is the spirit of just doing it. For better or worse, it may work and it may not, but I'm going to go for it. Ultimately I probably prefer to be respected for that than whether it works out or not, either winning or losing." - Hugh Jackman 

1 comment:

  1. ahhh wish id read this before i came into contact with a famous athlete and then decided not to approach them through fear of making a fool of myself! Ill learn from my mistake though (if there is a next time!)

    ReplyDelete