Saturday 23 February 2013

Day 6 : Find Love


The challenge for today was to find love. I can't say that I found her but I certainly did find a good number of rejections. I also found my mojo.

The purpose of the day was to approach girls and ask them whether they would be interested in a relationship with me or at the very least advice on the best way I go about finding love.

I wanted to use this challenge to encourage and inspire people to overcome their fear of speaking to those individuals they may be interested in. Asking someone out can be a daunting prospect, however it is an ability that is integral to kicking off a relationship.

It was tremendously insightful to watch how people responded to a complete stranger showing interest. Surprisingly I found that I didn't get as many hostile responses as I thought I would.

Lesson learnt; girls actually respect a guy that has the courage to approach them. Courage is key to success. As far as rejection is concerned, I found a smile and a confident attitude will get you very far, regardless of how weird the approach.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." - Nelson Mandela


3 comments: