Monday 25 February 2013

Day 7 : Fast Food Fun


The challenge for the day was to find a fast-food chain that would be up for accepting my request to cook the raw 2kg whole chicken I was holding in my hand.

This was the first of my food related challenges and it was one experience I will remember for a very long time. Never have I walked into a place and caused such a reaction. Both staff and customers, gobsmacked by the request.

After the initial rejection, I was met with sheer shock and laughter. I sustained my deadpan face but my inner being was experiencing a new found euphoria.

This coming out of your comfort zone stuff has changed my whole outlook on life. In this situation there wasn't much room for trying to convince them to accept the offer. It was more about my ability to sink or swim with my words when put in such a unique situation.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' " - Eleanor Roosevelt



1 comment: